Waar is het toilet?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

(3) Comments

They looked almost indistinguishably alike. Almost. Tall, well-built and muscular. Typical Neverlanders. So without paying too much attention I entered the door on the right hand-side only to find the place quite crammed with blokes on my way back. It's happened to me before. I think I might update my profile. Enjoys exploring male toilets. You must consider the fact I am myopic, yet the amount of times it has happened to me in the Neverlands is worrying. On the other hand, that particular time the only tiny (mind you, really tiny) difference was swinging somewhere around the hips while the towers, to quote Solomon, were not towering at all. So could I be blamed?

I'm quite convinced the Neverlanders do this on purpose - in order to confuse those who cross the perimeter of their country. I understand that the boundaries between sexes and all things gender here seem to be melting away sooner than anywhere else (while the Arctic Age of all things LGBTTQ in the suburbia I come from will probably never end), but I just want to find the right door next time. What happened to the old triangles?
Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Spurl Reddit Google

3 Responses to "Waar is het toilet?"

Decora said :
September 18, 2008 at 2:10 AM
Tell me about it. I've come to the conclusion that not too many people care enough to stick a sign on the door, paper towels or belive in toilet seat covers.
Unknown said :
September 18, 2008 at 11:26 AM
Great post!
This is a little bit off-topic, but still relates to the public WC here.. Have you ever noticed here, whether it be the restroom or the dentist office waiting room how people greet each other when they walk in? "Dag" or "goedemorgen"? I expect it now each time! ;) I was just laughing, thinking about this ;)
By the way, I love how you call it here the Neverlands!
Lina said :
September 19, 2008 at 1:37 PM
Thanks for the comments! As for "goedemorgen", that's absolutely true, including in the toilets. I love the Neverlanders!

Post a Comment