Cheap, cheaper, the cheapest - where to shop for clotes?

Friday, September 19, 2008

(5) Comments

As a student I am concerned: is there a clothing retailer in the Neverlands doing business along the lines of the Irish phenomena Penney's aka Primark in the UK? Basically, is there anything cheaper than H&M and still funky?


Penney's bag


For those of you who might not be familiar - Penney's has become the Klondike of cheap clothing, shoes and accessories in Ireland. Jackets for 15 Euro, pants for 12, bras for next to nothing. Of course, it's no Prada or Gabbana, the fabrics might not be the best, but the clothes are very colourful, funky and hip. Any hints?
Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Spurl Reddit Google

Lina

5 Responses to "Cheap, cheaper, the cheapest - where to shop for clotes?"

Unknown said :
September 19, 2008 at 3:02 PM
I brainstormed.. Tried, at least ;) The only thing I can come up with is The Sting [http://www.thesting.nl]. There are a few more stores, but I tend to go into C&A or V&D more often.
Decora said :
September 19, 2008 at 4:19 PM
Good quality and cheap stores here like Zeeman, Bristol and HenktenHoor come to mind.
Anonymous said :
September 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM
Zeeman is the only one I can think of but it's not really the place I'd go for clothes. To be honest, I tend to leave most of my clothes shopping for my visits to the UK and then go crazy in Primark and Next. I have two aunts in the UK so it's an excellent excuse to go shopping...and visit them, of course. ;)

I find clothes shopping very expensive here and I have a lot of trouble finding things that fit properly, especially shoes (I have a UK size 3).
Lina said :
September 21, 2008 at 8:56 PM
Thank you all for the hints! What about second hand markets, btw? The one that takes place besides the beautiful Catharine on Saturdays - is this one any good? :) Kelly, those Dutch are giants, aren't they? :)
Elle said :
September 22, 2008 at 7:10 PM
Oh, this post makes me miss home! I miss Primark so much. I will definitely be going home at Christmas and stocking up on Primark essentials! I don't know anywhere here that even nearly rivals the place. I've had to get all the trousers I've bought here taken up about 4 feet, lol!

Post a Comment