First steps in Utrecht

Saturday, July 26, 2008

(0) Comments

A friend of mine ensured me that I would love living in the Netherlands.

Arrived here safe and sound and I am enjoying the town already. Enjoyment might be a bit too big a word - after spending half a day in Utrecht I'm still recovering from 6am flight to Schiphol. Not doing anything crazy or mad, just getting the things up and running: the mobile number, Lonely Planet's Dutch conversation guide (and learning to pronounce that kh), flip flops (it's roasting here!),etc. People are very helpful, the hostel is not exactly the tidiest one I have seen, but there's beer, tea, coffee and breakfast. Staying with another 15 people in the dorm. Actually people seem to be communicatng within the groups they have arrived in rather than getting in touch with strangers, but maybe it's me scaring them off. Probably.

Seeing a few apartments tomorrow, fingers crossed. The town looks fantastic - the buildings, the people, everything. Unlike the Irish it seems that the Dutch know how to have fun without getting pissed and without pulling huge shopping bags with them around the city. I might be wrong as well - false first impressions perhaps, yet I am very and it is hard to believe I am moving to the Neverlands.
Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Spurl Reddit Google

0 Responses to "First steps in Utrecht"

Post a Comment